30 December 2008

Here we go again...

Tell me if this sounds familiar: The team doesn't show up to play, Lehtonen holds the #1 Bruins to 1 goal until 6:05 in the 3rd, Johan gets tonight's start.

I'm reminded of last season when Hartley and Waddell jerked Kari around instead of just making him the starter, saying the goalies have to earn their starts. I'm reminded of playoffs a couple years ago when Kari and Jo got jerked in and out of the cage. I'm reminded of Worlds', when the Finn coach did the exact same damned thing between Kari and Fredrik Norrena.

We are not the Bruins. We do not have two top goalies who can be switched out on a whim to rest each other. We do not have the consistently good defence to keep switching goalies, and we do not have the competent offence either. If this team needs anything actually attainable, it's consistency. And I don't mean consistently being a clusterfuck on ice.

I have to be honest. I don't think I can support this team until something is done to actually improve the lack of chemistry, and the lack of consistency, and the lack of consideration for their fragile goalie. I know he's a 25 year old man, but do you know goalies? I know goalies, and goalies are a whole different breed from the rest of us and even Patrick Roy and Marty Brodeur went through times when they were fragile and had to be handled with kid gloves.

I've got a lot going on away from the blog and don't really have the time to post as much as I generally like to, but frankly, there's nothing I want to post about this team. Maybe if they learn how to play professionally, maybe if they learn some chemistry, maybe if they actually show up to play. Until then, this really will be Kari Central, and I have a feeling there's going to be more of a transition into posting about the Bruins. I'm sure there will be people yelling "bandwagon jumper!" at the top of their lungs, and stop reading this blog because of it but I don't really give a shit. I was born bleeding Black and Gold, seeing as how my mom's a B's fan from Mass. I've loved the Bruins for most of my life, I was just never very vocal about that love. And I don't know how much writing or posting I'll be doing for a little while, but there it is.

So in summation:
- Thrashers = incompetent, inconsistent, embarassment
- Kari = #32 in my program, always #1 in my blog
- Bruins = the new black.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you come here for the sunshine I blow up the collective Thrashers' ass, I won't be heartbroken if you don't come by anymore, because the sunshine is hiding behind a heavy layer of clouds now. When they start playing up to expectations again, I'll think about seeing if the clouds have disappated. Kari, however, I will keep posting about. Bottom line?

Welcome to Kari Central where we're Into Bruins.

1 comment:

Laura (aka Hildymac) said...

Good for you - At least your first love of a team isn't sucking wind like mine is. Upshot is, at least the Blues have an excuse... we're all literally falling apart. The Thrash? There isn't ANY excuse. I love Hedberg, but Kari needs to be in there tonight. Yeah, he didn't play well against them before Xmas, but give him a chance to rebound.