In a beautiful win by the Bruins over the (division) 1st place Sabres, Milan Lucic [ME-lahn LOO-cheech. Idiots. I'm going to make a bingo card out of all the ways people say his last name wrong. All time favourite is still "Luke-itch."] scored such a pretty, pretty goal. Might be my favourite play of the season. Some Sabre shot the puck, Rask made a pad save, it made its way through a few Sabres, then Byron Bitz poke-checked it, used his loooong stride and quickly skated into the offencive zone with it, sending a sillllly pass beneath some other Sabre's stick to Looch, who just tapped it in.
Tuukka Rask got his first assist in the NHL (his comment on that: "... I did? Really? Huh, I had no idea. I guess I made a save or something."), and Milan Lucic got his first goal of the season. As well as some AWESOME hits on various Sabres - the hurt he put on Tallinder in in the first comes to mind.
I have to collect my thoughts on this game, but bullet points. Some for laaaaater:
- Pominville taking Z's slapshot in the shin from 15'
- Blake Wheeler hunting a goal like his life is on the line
- Tuukka Rask's catch-and-hold
- Marc Savard's press-box attire
- "When Marc Recchi entered the NHL, Tyler Myers was... not even a fetus!"
- The B's jump in the 2nd
- Rask commenting that it was "kind of slow" for him in the 3rd. Dude, what? The 2nd wasn't?
- Milan Lucic and Byron Bitz - switch out Begin for Savard?
- Jack Edwards' lessons in physics
- Jack Edwards getting nailed in the balls by a water balloon. Thrown by Mike Milbury. I KNOW!
Photo courtesy Getty. You can click it. It gets bigger. (That's what she said.)