14 September 2008

DW in a roundtable for NHL.com

Dan Rosen posted this interesting nugget today:
THE highlight of the tournament for me happened about two hours ago when I sat down for a roundtable, State of the League discussion with Ken Holland, John Davidson and Don Waddell. There is no other place in the world where you can get the kind of access we have here, meaning there is no other place in the world where you can spend the time to sit down with three knowledgeable, veterans of the League and get their thoughts on a range of topics.

The discussion included their thoughts on the overall health of the League, their views on prospect development, on the trade deadline and the free agent frenzy, the new pro league in Russia, prospect burnout, the NHL Premiere and Winter Classic as well as changes to the goalie equipment. I had to throw that last one in there considering I had two former goalies sitting at the table.

The discussion was very informal and informational. Later this month, after we get home and get a chance to clean up the tape, we’re going to post it on NHL.com as a podcast and I will write up the transcript as well.

It’s a can’t miss item that will go up. I will post a blog when I know for sure when it’s going to go up. So, be on the lookout, you don’t want to miss this one.

No comments: