14 September 2008

Traverse, Game 2: ATL 3 - NYR 0


0 - 3


Baby Thrashers beat the Baby Rangers in a 3-0 shutout this afternoon, with goals from Pospisil, Esposito on the power play (with assists from Siddall and Postma),and Machacek. Daniels stopped 23 of 23, and the Thrash had 18 PIMs, all for hooking, fighting or tripping. It's good to see the kids seem to have a handle on the interference, and aren't being called for it.

Spencer Machacek

Nice blurb on Bogo from NHL.com:
When told that at least one hockey publication has already projected him to score in the neighborhood of 50 points this coming season, Atlanta Thrashers prospect Zach Bogosian was somewhat stunned.

After all, he hasn’t even made the team yet, or even spent one day in training camp.

“To be honest, I didn’t even know,” Bogosian told NHL.com.

Bogosian, though, knows all too well that the Thrashers’ top brass are expecting him to play this season and be a major contributor on the back end and on the power play. He also said he understands all eyes will be on him during the Traverse City Prospects Tournament, but he doesn’t feel any added pressure to perform among his peers.

“(Thrashers GM) Don Waddell has said it numerous times that he was going to give me an opportunity,” Bogosian said. “Not too many 18-year-old kids have an opportunity to play in the NHL, so that’s all I can ask for. Hopefully I can capitalize on that, but first I want to make it. If I make it, I want to stick. If I stick, I want to make an impact.”

If he makes an impact, maybe 50 points isn’t a stretch.

“We’ll have to see,” Bogosian said. “I don’t know yet.”

No comments: