04 November 2008

Martin will not be sainted for at least 3 months

Brodeur out three to four months with torn biceps tendon

Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur will have surgery Thursday morning to repair a torn distal biceps tendon in his left elbow and will miss three to four months, Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said this morning.

Lamoriello said Brodeur is expected to make a full recovery and should make it back in time for the end of the regular season.

"It could take anywhere from three to four months," Lamoriello said.

Brodeur has never missed more than six games in a row due to injury.

"This is not a career-ending injury," Lamoriello said. "This is a bump in the road. (He'll have) a total recovery, 100 percent and with this type of surgery there is no doubt about and I have total confidence that he will be back in a short period of time. That's not a long period of time. Would we want it to be less? Absolutely, but it is what it is at this given time and you go forward. There are other injuries that could have been worse. Not that you want any. But I look at the positive side."
I know this isn't exactly a Devs blog, and I pretty much despise the Devs and their boring play, but I love me some Brodeur, and I'm pretty bummed the Sainting will be postponed a couple months. Poor Broddy. I wonder if he needs company as he mends...

No comments: