06 November 2008

One finger, stirred, not shaken

I'm gonna edit this down. You can read the full article at the site. 

Waddell not looking to shake things up

By Mike Knobler | Thursday, November 6, 2008, 07:58 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Thrashers rank last in the NHL standings. Their general manager suggests the best way to get the team out of last place is to leave the roster the way it is. I asked him directly whether before Sunday’s victory he’d thought about shaking things up.

“I don’t think we’re at that point by any means,” Waddell said. “I’m not looking out there right now. I like the guys we have.”

The plan for now is to play Kari Lehtonen in goal on Sunday at Carolina. That raises the question of what to do when Lehtonen, Johan Hedberg and Ondrej Pavelec are all healthy. “You try to think ahead about what you’re going to do, but every day [the situation] changes, Until we’re faced with the reality of having three guys that are ready to go, then we’ll make a decision.”
I had a lot of things to say about this but they all hinged on me being able to find a particular cartoon panel from 03 and a news article from 02, and I was unsuccessful on both fronts. So imagine a lot of wittiness here about how I don't believe a damned thing Waddell says to the media and the public, accompanied with wittier illustrations and illustrative articles to further my point. Or just nod and smile and point out how Pavelec got W#2.

Oh and photos tomorrow!

No comments: