12 January 2009

Sweet lord the B's are dropping like flies

Phil Kessel is now on IR with mono. Seriously who goes on IR with mono? I've never had mono personally, so I have no idea what it's like, but is it really an IR and not a day-to-day? AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO PLAY WITH SAVARD?! EDIT Kessel's expected to be out up to a month, according to Chiarelli.

..... A MONTH!!!!! FROWNY.

In other news, Kevin Regan, Tuukka Raask and Saint called (back) up, Matt Lashoff, Tuukka Raask, and Kevin Regan have been sent down. YEAH YOU READ RIGHT. I'm not entirely sure which goalie is still here though, it's all very confusing. Can't C make his mind up?

Does anyone have news on Lucic? And his "upper torso" injury? Why is that always in quotations? Does the guy have a sinus infection or something?

Anyway, no seriously, B's play the Habs tomorrow night and they're down 2/3 of their top line. GET WELL SOON KESS! YOU TOO GINO!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Luckily, I've never had it, but I do know that mono is one of the most debilitating illnesses around. I'm not sure how likely it is to kill you (I mean, anything can kill you), but I've known grown men who have wet the bed because they were so weak they actually couldn't get up to go to the bathroom. I've known a wife who had to carry her 6'2 husband into the emergency room with a 104 fever. And I've known teenagers to miss almost entire semesters due to mono. It is wicked, wicked nasty.

Also, it enlarges the spleen which makes it more susceptible to being ruptured, making sports an absolute no-no.

Brad Richards actually played through mono December-January of the 2007-2008 season and never missed a game. They didn't know he had it until he was almost over it, otherwise he would have been kept out. (I also suspect he had a milder case, though I'm not a doctor) He wouldn't say it, but you could tell he was still suffering lingering effects till nearly the postseason.