12 October 2007

[fantasy] Q&A:Lehtonen owners antsy

From Chris Nichols' fantasy blog on Sportsnet.ca.

If you've got Kari Lehtonen on your team, you've felt the pain early on this season. But is he still a gem in keeper leagues?

We take a look in this edition of the Q&A.

KARI CRASHING?
Just wondering
“Lehtonen has looked really shaky in his starts so far -- is he going to get it together or did Hartley really mess him up in the playoffs? I've got him in a keeper league and I could trade for DiPietro to shore things up for the future. I know you've been high on Kari -- will he still be the mega-stud you projected (and is a cult of of Kari coming?) or should I start to look elsewhere?”

Chris
Actually, I think Lehtonen had two fairly strong games to open the season and then last night wasn’t great for him or anyone else on the team. Long term and this year I’d still rather have Lehtonen over DiPietro. The Thrashers have been particularly frustrating to watch as a Lehtonen owner, because consistency is not in their vocabulary. I’ve still got faith in Kari though and I think the team is getting better each year, albeit a little more slowly than I’d like to see as a Lehtonen keeper owner myself.

[...] Patience though…

No comments: