22 September 2008

Top 100 in Fantasy

Listen, don't be like me. Don't be the jerkface that ignores the fantasy rankings and just picks the guys that would fill the roster of my NHL team, were I to have one. Which is definitely a future possibility. But that is a story for anotehr day. Anyhoo, Chris Nichols over at sportsnet.ca ranked the top 100 guys for fantasy. So without further ado*:

1. Alexander Ovechkin, Washington: Goal scoring wizard has earned the top slot.
2. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh: Art Ross favourite; should be downright dominant.
3. Martin Brodeur, New Jersey: Mr. Consistency always gets it done.
4. Dany Heatley, Ottawa: Hungry to resume his 50 goal ways with outstanding peripherals.
5. Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay: New captain excellent all-around; repaired shoulder ok.
6. Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh: Points, PIM and he's 22. Career potential is off the charts.
7. Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit: No Datsyuk? No worries. Hank is bank.
8. Jarome Iginla, Calgary: Average of 96 points in each of the past two years; PIM bonus
9. Evgeni Nabokov, San Jose: Rebooted San Jose team; same rock in net.
10. Joe Thornton, San Jose: Absolutely ridiculous point totals since move to SJ.
...
18. Marian Hossa, Detroit: Look for statistical increases across the board for this Czech sniper.
19. Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta: One of the best pure snipers in the game.


Read the rest at Sportsnet!

(* ado = nonsense. adieu = goodbye. please make a note.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I tend to aim for a bit of a combination. I like to stock up on a few Vancouver players, just because I love them so. But I also try to get ahold of some real talent, because I know picking a guy like Kesler may come back to bite me. I figure if I get a Crosby, I can handle a Kesler, and I shouldn't stink the place up too much ;).

Course, then my performance depends on how well those gambles perform. If Kesler breaks out for a 30 goal season, I won't be hurting as badly as I could be. But if I have 4 guys with 10 points each, I clearly won't do so well. But at least I can feel loyal!

Unknown said...

Oh, and I'm in your league now, for the record. Looking forward to it. In the past, it's been me and one other hockey friend, and a bunch of people who hate hockey and are only there cause we dragged them into it :P

Tiffany said...

I know! I saw! Yay!

There's only one sentimental pick I'll take. I think we all know which one that is.